Comprehensive Community Plan
- Comprehensive Community Plan (2002 Revision)
Subsequent Changes to the Comprehensive Community Plan
- Amendments to the land use element and the economic development element of the Comprehensive Community Plan
- Comprehensive Community Plan - The West Side
Town Council to Hold Public Hearings on Draft Comprehensive Community Plan 2021
The Portsmouth Town Council will hold public hearings May 17, 2021 through May 20, 2021 to hear and receive public comments on the Final Draft of the Town of Portsmouth's Updated Comprehensive Community Plan (CCP). (Maps are not yet included with the Plan.)
Residents of Portsmouth, read through the plan and envision the future of your town. Participate in the process. A quote from the draft plan states,
A successful CCP should achieve the following:
- Be reflective of the desires and viewpoints of the Town’s residents.
- Be based upon an accurate inventory of the Town’s resources.
- Act as a reference document for facts, concepts, goals and actions.
- Be maintained as a dynamic living document, providing a roadmap for the future of the Town.
- Be flexible in order to respond to changes in growth pressures, economic forces, environmental conditions and shifts in policy.
- Provide a means to manage conflict between differing town priorities (CCP Draft, 2021, pg I-3)
Take a look and see if you like what you see in the Plan!
Previous Drafts of Comprehensive Community Plan Update
The Planning Department, Planning Board, Citizens Interested in the Comprehensive Community Planning Process Committee, as well as individual town citizens have all worked diligently to bring our town an updated Comprehensive Community Plan.
After holding an additional Planning Board workshop to discuss the full draft plan, the Planning Board will hold official Public Hearings prior to submitting a recommendation to the Town Council regarding adoption of the draft plan. At the conclusion of the official Planning Board Public Hearings, the draft plan will be submitted to the Division of Statewide Planning for review and comment. Upon addressing any comments or concerns to the State’s satisfaction, the Planning Board will submit the draft plan to the Town Council for the holding of a final set of fully-noticed official Public Hearings leading to adoption. The draft plan is officially adopted when it has been incorporated by reference into the municipal code of ordinances by resolution of the Town Council. The Division of Statewide Planning then conducts a final review and holds a 30-day public comment period prior to their final approval.
Note: See below for maps accompanying each element. Maps have not changed from the previous draft version.
- Draft Intro 20200225
- 1 - Draft Natural Resources Element 20200225
- 2 - Draft Recreation Element 20200225
- 3 - Draft Historic and Cultural Resources Element 20200225
- 4 - Draft Housing Element 20200225
- 5 - Draft Economic Development Element 20200225
- 6 - Draft Agricultural Element 20200225
- 7 - Draft Services and Facilities Element 20200225
- 8 - Draft Energy Element 20200225
- 9 - Draft Water Supply Element 20200225
- 10 - Draft Transportation Element 20200225
- 11 - Draft Natural Hazards and Climate Change Element 20200225
- 12 - Draft Land Use Element 20200225
- 13 - Draft Implementation Matrix pg 1 - 2 20200701
- 13 - Draft Implementation Matrix pg 3 -33 20200701
Previous Final Draft for Comparison August 2019
- Final Draft Introduction
- 1 - Final Draft Natural Resources Element with maps
- 2 - Final Draft Recreation Element with maps
- 3 - Final Draft Historic and Cultural Resources Element with maps
- 4 - Draft Housing Element 10-04-2019
- 5 - Final Draft Economic Development Element with maps
- 6 - Final Draft Agricultural Element with maps
- 7 - Final Draft Services and Facilities Element with maps
- 8 - Final Draft Energy Element no maps needed
- 9 - Final Draft Water Supply Element with maps
- 10 - Final Draft Transportation Element with maps
- 11 - Final Draft Natural Hazards and Climate Change Element with maps
- 12 - Final Draft Land Use Element with maps